2017 Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition - Student Track
Entrepreneurs from across the State of Michigan on November 16,
2017 to pitch your venture & network with regional investors. There are a total of $20,000+ in cash prizes awarded to winning companies
The application process
- Answer a few questions about your business
- Upload a 1-minute pitch video link describing the key points of
- Application & pitch video review from an experienced panel
The Top 27 Teams will progress to the Semi-Finals at the Detroit Masonic Temple on November 16th, 2017 during
the 8th Annual Accelerate
Michigan Innovation Competition. If selected as a
Semi-Finalist, your team will deliver a 4-minute pitch & slide deck
describing the business to a panel of investors. Up to 9 Semi-Finalist companies will move on to the Finalist Pitches, and
will deliver the same 4-minute pitch & slide deck to another panel of
This competition is only
for student entrepreneurs attending Michigan colleges & universities – any and all current student entrepreneurs
across the state are welcome to apply and participate so long as the following
rules and guidelines are adhered to:
- The company or idea MUST be majority (over 50%) owned by students.
- Any idea from any industry is accepted.
- All University grade levels are accepted, including undergraduates, Masters & PhD students.
- The company or idea cannot have over $10,000 in revenue, including third party investment.
- Your entry can just be an idea and not a legally formed entity. However, if a legal entity has been formed, the earliest incorporation date cannot be before November 16, 2015.
- If you have previously competed at Student Accelerate and won a prize, you are not eligible to apply with the same idea. You are eligible if you apply with a different idea. If you have previously applied, but did not win, you are eligible to apply again.
DELIVERABLES & DATES
First Round: Preliminary Application
Deadline Thursday, October 12th, 2017
Around October 26th, 2017
- Initial Application
- Pitch Video (1-min), which will be evaluated by:
If selected as a semi-finalist, please submit your presentation via Submittable.
You will have 4 minutes
each to pitch to the judges and their will be one judge comment but no questions
. Make sure to bring a backup flash drive with you to the event.
Around November 1st, 2017
Final Pitch Deck Due
November 9th, 2017
- Must have the 4-minute pitch deck ready
Second Round: Semi-Final Pitches
Onsite Judging on November 16th, 2017, 11:20 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
Final Round: Final Pitches
Onsite Judging on November 16th, 2017, 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
~9 companies, 4-min pitches
Gala Awards Dinner Dinner, 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m